Future of Cybersecurity- Is it really worth?
What is Cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity is process of protecting systems, networks, programs from digital attacks. Hackers usually do these kind of cyber attacks to access sensitive information to change, destroy and sometimes sell the information on Dark Web.
Benefits of Cybersecurity
- Protects businesses against cyber attacks and data breaches.
- Business Continuity.
- Protection of data and networks.
- Prevents unauthorised user access.
- Protects user data and user devices.
- Improves recovery time after breach.
Types of cyber attacks
- Malware- Malwares are the malicious softwares in which any file or program is used to target user systems. This includes viruses, trojans, worms.
- Ransomware- Ransomware is another type of malware in which hacker locks the files on users system and asks for payments to unlock the files.
- Social Engineering- Social Engineering uses human interaction to make user break the security procedures to gain access to sensitive information.
- Phishing- Phising is a form of social engineering in which attackers send fraud emails and SMSs that resembles reputable or known sources.
- Spear Phishing- Spear Phishing is a type of phishing in which specific user base is targeted.
Career in Cybersecurity
- Chief Information Security Officer(CISO)- CISO is the individual who implements the security program across the organization and oversees the IT security department’s operations.
- Chief Security Officer(CSO)- CSO is the executive responsible for the physical and/or cybersecurity of a company.
- Security engineers- They protect company assets from threats with a focus on quality control within the IT infrastructure.
- Security architects- They are responsible for planning, analysing, designing, testing, maintaining and supporting an enterprise’s critical infrastructure.
- Security analysts- They have several responsibilities that include planning security measures and controls, protecting digital files, and conducting both internal and external security audits.
- Penetration testers- They are ethical hackers who test the security of systems, networks and applications, seeking vulnerabilities that could be exploited by malicious actors.
- Threat hunters- They are threat analysts who aim to uncover vulnerabilities and attacks and mitigate them before they compromise a business.
Learning Cybersecurity can be really beneficial and can be a good career option.
Feels like we missed something? Tell us in the comments.